Once again, we are delighted to be able to provide Secondary Schools in the Bradford area with the opportunity to join our local Schools Linking Programme for the 2018-2019 academic year. Linking can be a fantastic programme for your students, staff and the whole school.
Just a few of the things that students got up to during their school links this year include:
- navigating an assault course through perseverance and team work in the Yorkshire countryside,
- pupils using their debating skills to tackle GCSE questions in the ‘RE Superstar’ conference
- a whole morning of collaborative problem solving in a Year 8 Maths Challenge
Our work promotes good relations between people of different faiths, beliefs, and cultures and supports schools to develop their impact on SMSC development. Our structured Schools Linking programmes have been endorsed by the Ministry for Communities and Local Government (MCLG) and the Department for Education (DfE) and are nationally recognised as offering a positive, age appropriate curriculum contribution to spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of pupils including British values.
Schools Linking is a unique opportunity, crafting a safe space for students who would not normally meet to get to know each other through joint activities on link days. The programme encourages pupils to feel confident and curious as they meet people of different cultures, faiths and beliefs. It also aims to instil recognition and respect for diversity and a meaningful encounter for both students and staff.
Schools Linking programmes support students in:
- Acquiring dialogue skills such as listening, speaking and sharing
- Fostering trust, curiosity, empathy, awareness and respect
- Developing an appreciation and understanding of how people from different backgrounds can work together in the community
- Enhancing aspects of SMSC, PSHE, British Values and Religious Literacy
We can offer free support to you in:
- Finding a link with another school
- Working alongside your staff to facilitate the link meetings
- Paying for the hire of neutral venues
Links can connect students from your school with students from another school. The connection can be made through any subjects. It can also connect student leadership groups. It could be based in any year group including sixth form. Student link meetings can be held after school or during the school day. This would be agreed with a partner school.
If you are interested in joining the programme or have any further questions please feel free to get in touch by phone or email.
The Linking Network
Margaret McMillan Tower | Princes Way | Bradford | BD1 1NN
Tel: 07930 562672