Leading SMSC Development: From Class to Whole School
05 May, 2021
The Linking Network
Our course, “Leading Outstanding SMSC Development: from class to whole school” is for school leaders and SMSC Lead Teachers to support you to develop strategies for incorporating spiritual, moral, social, cultural (SMSC) into their school curriculum, culture and ethos.
The course is led by experienced teacher-advisors and balances input with reflection on existing practice in school and guides you in meeting requirements for SMSC in your own school context and in identifying next steps.
At the end of the course, you will:
- Have a clear understanding of what SMSC development and British values look like in school
- Be equipped with the knowledge needed to create and implement a whole school strategy for SMSC
- Be aware of Ofsted inspection and DfE expectations in this area
- Understand how to evaluate and evidence the impact of SMSC
- Have explored a number of resources which exemplify SMSC and British values development
- Have a fully resourced staff training session to disseminate the learning in school
‘Insightful, comprehensive, inspiring. I now have a clear pathway and feel energised for this important piece of work in my school’ Headteacher
Being able to think about what is positive and successful in current practice and how to move forward with confidence! ‘Lots of practical ideas, useful resources, very helpful, clearly structured support for SMSC.’ SMSC Lead
Leading SMSC in Primary Schools May 20th 1-3pm
Live Online: The courses are live online and will be delivered via Zoom.
Cost: £35 per delegate (Free to schools taking part in a Schools Linking Programme)
Booking: Please book using the form on our website https://thelinkingnetwork.org.uk/what-we-do/smsc-british-values-courses/ or email us directly at email@example.com and we will send joining instructions