Linking Class visit: Example
10.00– School A arrive: greetings and put bags, coats away, find your partners
10.15 – Warm up games (Church hall)
- Birthday Game
The teacher calls out any month of the year. All the children with birthdays in that month turn and run round the outside of the circle in a clockwise direction until they reach their place again. Liven it up by calling 3 or 4 months at the same time
Give out a set of cards with different animals on. The aim is for them to find all the children with the same animal by just making the sound or action of the animal without showing the card!
- 123 (4) game
- Cross the Circle Use aspects of the children’s and adults identity to get them to change places across the circle. Change places if you…have/are/like/etc. E.g. Change places if you have a brother…Change places if you like football…Change places if you like fruit etc
10.40- Activity 1 A= Freddie Fit (main hall) B=Hand Art (Saturn Classroom) C= Building Challenge (Jupiter Classroom)
11.30-Changeover-School B TA set up Church hall for lunch –tables and chairs
11.35 – Activity 2 A=Hand Art (Saturn Class) B=Building Challenge (Jupiter Classroom) C= Freddie Fit (main hall)
12.25 –Gather in main hall
12.30 – Lunch in the Church Hall (1 set of toilets – send girls and then boys) Fire safety talk first.
1.05- Getting to know you more:
- Hoola Hoop
Hold hands. Can we move the hula hoops around the circle?
- 3 similarities and 3 differences
Children work with their partner and interview each other to find three visible ways that they are the same/different and then three invisible ways.
- Change three things about your appearance
Ask them to turn back-to-back and change 3 things about their appearance. Partners turn around when ready and try to guess the 3 things that have changed.
1.25 – Activity 3 A= Building Challenge (Jupiter Classroom) B=Freddie Fit (main hall) C= Hand Art (Saturn Classroom)
2.05 – Winners, Reflection Tree & Goodbyes
- What did you enjoy (leaves)
- What are you looking forward to? (apples)